Happiness Coaching

Are You Ready to Discover How to be Happy?

There has been some exciting research in the last decade regarding what makes people happy.

Did you know that our happiness factor is 40% inherited?  The good news about that is that we can actually have some control over the other 60% of our happiness!  As your Happiness Coach, I will present some scientific data, we will choose specific practices tailored to you, and we will explore and help you change your thinking habits.

How to Be Happy: The Truth…

We often think, “If I only had a bigger house….better job….more money….a romantic relationship…a fit body…etc,  THEN I would be happy.”  But, the truth is that those circumstantial things don’t have much influence on our happiness. Only about 10%, according to research.  Often, the reverse is true: people who are ALREADY happy tend to be the ones who get the best jobs, relationships, fit bodies, etc..

Now, let me be clear: I don’t think that happiness is the ultimate goal of life.  In fact, it is like other emotions in that the more we try to change them directly, the less we have them.  Like Nathaniel Hawthorne said,

“Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”

Ways to Become a Happier Person:

The trick is to pursue other habits and ways of thinking that will lead to more happiness.

We will never reach a point where we are ALWAYS happy.  If we did, no one would want to be around us! In fact, often the happiest people are those who have had much sadness and sorrow. A full range of emotion is the texture of life. We can’t fully experience happiness until we have fully experienced sadness.

So, I’m not talking about some easily won process that will leave you constantly happy for the rest of your life. I am, instead, talking about powerful interventions and practiced habits that will generate more joy and happiness.  It’s similar to physical training. You become stronger and more fit by first, learning what to do and second, practicing it until it is a part of who you are. Sound like work?   Well, it is, but it is fun and rewarding work.  

Happiness Coaching in Austin, and via Skype Around the World!

Think of me as your Personal Trainer for increasing happiness.  Any pursuit is much more successful when you have someone walking along with you, encouraging you and holding you accountable.  I have 20+ years of experience in helping people make positive changes in their lives.

Here are some of the general practices that we will incorporate into the happier you:

*gratitude

*kindness/empathy

*cognitive reprogramming

*mindfulness

*self-compassion

*awe

*resilience to stress

*relational connection

*optimism

*forgiveness

Interested?  Contact me. Let’s get started!

Price: $125 per session.    In person or Skype.